Canada is now the world’s third-leading destination for international students, with a staggering 642,000 foreign students. We thank the Lord for student outreach on many campuses, but the vast majority of young people from African and Muslim countries have never been invited into Christian homes and never heard the Gospel. Please pray for us as we look to God to expand our outreach to this wide-open field. Ask the Lord to open many hearts among these students to hear and respond to the Gospel.
* Praise God for a few new students who have connected with the university International Student Club in California this month. Pray we would be able to meet up in person soon and introduce them to Jesus. Pray for boldness to proclaim the Gospel and that there would be receptive hearts.
Pray for the scores of children and family who have responded to the Gospel and have believed in the past two years. Pray they will grow deep roots, abide in Jesus, and bear much fruit!
MAC is poised to host more overnight Bible camps and day camps this summer than ever before. We have reserved camp facilities for 6 camps for African and Muslim kids. In addition we plan to have fun days for North African kids on Saturdays right through July and August. But of course all of this depends on progress bringing Covid-19 under control. As all of us in AIM pray that the Lord would re-open ministry doors, please ask God to guide our camp fundraising and preparations. Pray the Lord would make a way for many children to hear the Gospel!
I’m thankful that we at the church are using some of the tools we were taught on the short-term virtual mission trip. The three circles are an easy way for the teenagers to also give word and shape to their faith in Jesus. Pray for many opportunities to share with immigrants and may God grant faith to many.
During the last few weeks, I’ve woken up in the middle of the night. I just felt fear rush over me, but it’s not fears that I have; its fears that people I have worked with. Pray for God’s protection over local believers.
* The medical question and answer sessions had been planned to start in January have been delayed due to logistical and timing issues as well as sickness. Please pray that we will be able to begin this month. Pray for good participation and opportunities for fruitful discussion beyond the sessions.
* We have a large number of new believers in Noel who have recently been baptized. We are planning to facilitate a Discovery Bible Study with the ladies who are able to communicate in English. Pray for these women to grow strong in their faith and share what they learn with others.
* We are still following up on our Indian neighbors and one from Liberia. With covid that is a struggle but we are praying for further opportunities. Please also pray for us to connect with a church leader who is willing to help us with a survey of this local area.
* We did have an encouraging Zoom meeting with over 30 Canadian pastors who are focusing on the largest unreached people group in Canada, the Sikhs. God is working among this group and we are encouraged to hear of stories of what He is doing.
* Pray for my friend Mr. A. We have been discussing Genesis and he is seeking truth. Pray that he will believe that Jesus is truth.
* Pray for Mr. M. He is a Somali believer and is actively trying to bring others into the fold. Pray that I can support him well.
*Praise God for opportunities to engage Somalis locally and globally. Please pray that the lost would the saved, believers built up, and healthy churches established.
* Praise God for reminders of His love and faithfulness. Asking for contacts whose hearts have been stirred up to seek the Truth.
* Please pray for the Somali believers in Toronto. We have a large incidence of mental and emotional distress among the local believers, as well as inter and intra family struggles.
* Please pray for a daughter of one of the families who has reverted to Islam.
* Please pray for us to regain contact with other believers who’ve cut off contact with us.
* Pray for a seeker friend who needs fellowship.
* Please pray for a desire for real Christian community and for us to be agents of that community here.
* Please pray for SF continued healing and for making phone contact with Somali contacts during the lockdown. Please pray that the number of local COVid cases and the hard lockdown here will be lifted soon.
* With the help of a church, we were provided 20 bags of clothes to deliver to African Refugees amidst the cold weather. Praise the Lord.
* Schools are supposed to provide Zoom lessons for the students amidst Covid-19. However, it’s difficult for the African students, especially Chinese language and mathematics subjects. One student is being helped by a volunteer. Pray for their relationships to grow.
* SW hopes to have 10 volunteers to join with the same heart for reaching Muslim people and each with 10 prayer partners as well. Pray for God’s guidance.
* We started to visit two African Muslim families and each of them has four children. N’s family was quite open but not F’s family. Pray for their open hearts.
* Pray for the first meeting of our core group on Feb 18 that we can set up our goals and find creative ways to connect with African Muslim people.
* Ke & Da are meeting with Imam A and some mosque members every other Friday to discuss our beliefs. Last Friday A agreed to read the book of Matthew to see what it says about Isa. Ke & Da agreed to read the first 4 chapters of the Quran. Pray for God to speak to A and bring him home to Him.
* Praise God for a picnic ladies tea party JM had with her Sarah’s Daughters group and some Muslim friends in January. Pray as we try to raise funds to renovate a house to hold Sarah’s Daughters events in.
* Please pray for a snow day outreach planned for this Saturday, February 6, that we would have deep spiritual conversations with the ones that we invite to join us from the diaspora. Please pray for safety as well for everyone who comes.
* Please pray for wisdom and safety as we begin to have in person classes again next week. Please pray that God will provide the volunteers that we still need.
* Please pray that our team will be marked by a 1 Peter, “fervent love for one another” that draws the surrounding diaspora to Himself.
* Please pray for our Discovery Bible Study that the two Somalis would continue to come…. that God would open up their hearts and they would believe.
* Please pray for Mr. A from Algeria that he would grow in his faith and that his wife would be able to join us soon from Algeria. It was exciting to see him lead our Discovery Bible Study on Sunday.
* Praise for the opportunities to visit some Muslims in person last month. Hearts are so covered with lies. Pray for their blindness to be pierced with the light of Jesus by the power of the Spirit.
* Pray for wisdom and opportunities to share in this mask and distancing world, especially as it seems eminent that another confinement will be put in place in the near future.
* Pray for the leadership of this country especially in these next two week as decisions will be made that could greatly effect organizations and churches. Pray for believers who will be pleading for positive responses.
* Pray that the big outreach (kids club) in a needy area of the city will be able to take place in April, as the two previous dates had to be cancelled because of Covid. (This is early, but we have been preparing and praying for months!)
* We continue to praise Jesus! for providing many spiritual conversations among unreached people in this area and we ask him for more!! Hebrews 4:12
* We praise Jesus! that 3 men have indicated they would like to study God’s Word from the Bible with JR. Please pray God provides more opportunities to study and that all of these men would see their need for Jesus. Acts 16:30
* Please pray with us for the new women’s evening conversation class we’ll be launching this week. We hope to encourage conversation between students in different classes and foster deeper relationships with our students & volunteers. Colossians 4:6
* We praise Jesus! for his mercies that are brand new each morning and how he is pouring himself out among our friends by providing jobs, physical healing, and increased English language. Please pray with us that our friends would return thanks to Jesus and receive his salvation. Luke 17:15
With international travel restrictions in and out of Australia and New Zealand likely to continue for some time, ask God to raise up more Aussie and Kiwi citizens and residents to make disciples among Africa’s UPGs who are living in Australia and New Zealand.
* Praise God that we are finding creative ways to connect with some refugee friends even amidst COVID and the cold weather. We have been able to go snowboarding and ice skating.
* Pray for these relationships to continue to develop. Pray that they understand the gospel message as Jesus is normally a significant part of our discussions.
* On a recent prayer walk we were praying for a Indian family and as we passed by their house a man came out of the garage and we were able to have a long chat with him(JD) and his father(BL). There are 4 generations living in the house. We mentioned we were followers of Jesus and found out they are Hindu and attend (pre covid) a nearby Hindu Temple. We expressed interest in getting to know them better. Pray for additional opportunities.
* Then just yesterday in another part of our walk we met another Indian (we think he is Hindu) who has been here for over 15 years. Pray as we plan time to meet up with these families.
* We did give our Liberian neighbor a children’s Nativity Christmas story book to read to her three young children. Pray for them.
*Thankful for being able to serve here in Malta during a global pandemic and still see God moving in me and in the people around me.
* Praise to start using the 3 circles tool at our youth group so the teens can have an easy way of sharing Jesus with their friends. Pray for boldness and the Lord’s leading to open hearts.
* Praise to have been able to tell the story of Jesus’ birth to my Muslim friends. Pray the Lord will grant them faith to believe it.
* Praise God for avenues both locally and globally to connect with and minister to S people.
* Praise God for our home church and other churches in Kentucky who are reaching out.
* Pray for opportunities to reconnect with S friends after a busy holiday season.
* Pray that those reaching out to S people would be prayerful, bold, and patient.
* Pray for a healthy S church, for sound doctrine, godliness, unity, and leadership.
* Praise that our seeker friend N is safe and happy in the believer’s home where she is now staying.
* Please pray for students, both young and old, and their families affected by our latest lockdown. We have a province wide lockdown going on right now, and many students in our area will not be back in school except online for the next month. Please pray for us to continue to have an effective witness in those families via ZOOM, or telephone.
* We’re still allowed outside meetings – please pray that our fireside chats about Jesus will continue and grow.
* Pray for Christians from our favorite people group struggling with mental, emotional and spiritual issues right now.
* Pray for renewed contacts with two young men who were on fire for Jesus and then dropped off the map.
* Pray about our next steps in the continuing discipleship of the local Ethiopian young people and their parents. On December 20th, we concluded 6 months of weekly Zoom Bible classes for Ethiopian youth! The day before, Pastor Wo. led us through Portland to deliver gift bags and cookies to most of the youth in our class. What fun! We were delighted to finally meet—most for the first time— parents and children in each family. We gave our students certificates of participation, and encouraged them to continue to make God’s Word a lamp for their feet and a light for their path!
* Pray for a job for our Christian Iranian friend, Sa., with his wife and 2 little boys. We would love it if the job was local so that after COVID we might continue to partner together.
* Pray for the difficulties that we are finding to restart the ministries in different cities in Brazil this year. The Covid situation is complicated and many restrictions are making it hard to be close to everyone.
* Pray that this year 2021 we will begin to reap fruit from the seeds that we sowed in 2020. Pray that many will respond to the Gospel.
* Here in Strasbourg we are looking towards reopening our café, potentially just as take-away coffee and baked goods. Please pray that God gives us wisdom in this.
* Lockdown in France lifted on Dec 15, and I have been able to have friends over again! I’m looking forward to continuing that this month, but I need wisdom in whom to invite, and how often. Praise God for the good spiritual conversations – especially the recent occasion to tell the Christmas story with a new North African friend, Alice! She said she wants to invite me to her home sometime this month – please pray that this friendship develops! Please pray also for more conversations and openness with other friends that I meet up with.
* Pray for two Middle Eastern friends – one who is engaged and pregnant and looking for mom-friends, and her sister who is seeking. Please pray that God would use this time to draw them to Himself, and that He would show me how to be a good “older sister” and friend to them both.
* We thank God for the Luke 1-2 presentations prior to Christmas. Pray that the ladies and international students who heard would accept Jesus as their Saviour.
* With the retirement of 2 colleagues in this coming year, ask God to provide volunteers for the ministries of His choosing.
* Pray for my North African friend. I gave her an English/Arabic Gospel of Luke inviting her to read the story of Jesus’ birth. She gladly accepted it. Please pray that she will read it and keep on reading. I hope to meet with her soon to talk about it. Please pray that God will soften her heart towards Him and give her the faith to believe what she reads. Several of us have shared the Hope we have a number of times.
* Pray that I will make the most of every opportunity as I interact with neighbors and others in our community; that I will have good questions prepared that lead to Spirt-led conversations and open hearts.
* We Praise Jesus! The brother of N was safely returned to his family the week of Christmas. N is proclaiming the power of God in mercifully answering our prayers with his return. (A ransom was paid by the family.) Please continue to pray this family sees the need for a final ransom payment paid by the blood of Jesus. Romans 5:8-9
* We praise Jesus! Mommy & Toddler class has had consistent attendance of at least 2 families each week with 5 other families coming sporadically. Please pray the Lord opens their hearts to the words of Jesus and salvation. Acts 16:14-15
* We praise Jesus! God has physically healed many of our friends and students for his glorious purposes. Psalm 96:3
* We praise Jesus! He has provided many spiritual conversations focused on his words among unreached people in this area and we ask him for more!! John 10:27-28.
* Praise that our house church in Noel is growing.
* Pray for our Somali and Sudanese communities in Noel. The African store, the Mosque and another storefront burned to the ground on December 28th. One individual passed away from serious burns, several have lost their homes and belongings, and this business was a vital hub of these communities. Pray with us that this will be a unifying event for the local church and the city.
* We are planning to have question and answer sessions on medical topics with our different people groups beginning this month. Please pray for the planning, good participation, and opportunities for fruitful discussion pertaining to the Gospel beyond the sessions.
* Pray for our two imam friends.
* Pray for Li. online Bible Study which starts today (Jan 6).
* Pray for Ladies Tea with Muslim friends on January 9
* Pray for “N”., a Muslim man, who is very aggressive and requires a lot of emotional energy from me.
* Praise God that His mercies are new every morning! Great is His faithfulness.
* Pray for our team to be bold in our witness and united in spirit as we continue to meet up with International students. May they come to faith in Christ. Pray that the Lord softens their hearts so to be receptive to the Gospel.
Pray for open hearts and open schedules for our imam friends. We are working on the Abrahamic Faith Study Bible. Pray for us to decide on the right platform to use (digital or print? Which app if digital?) And pray that our imam friends will be excited to study with us.
Praise for about 30 North African ESL students, 10 of whom meet at our church regularly.
Pray for these students – that many will come, and come with open hearts, to our Christmas event (online and in person) where we will share the gospel.
Pray for our Impact Kids, about 12 families who will receive a tin of candy canes, a Christmas card and a children’s Christmas book explaining the gospel.
Pray for Yu., Sa., and Lo. who have begun reading the Bible. Yu. was excited at first, but it
seems as though his wife (who is a more devout Muslim) has scared him and he has had some excuses this past week for not getting together.
Pray for H who has heard the Gospel and is willing to start reading the Bible together. Pray that God will work in her heart.
Pray for wisdom and favor during the Christmas season as we share the Gospel.
Pray for more workers. We need more full-time workers, especially in La Rochelle. Pray that the Lord would send workers into the harvest.
We are under lockdown in Toronto, but the schools are still open. About half the kids at the local
public school are opting for in home learning but really struggle. Please pray that we will be able to continue to help the kids who can’t use Zoom with their homework, and that as we go we’ll be conduits of Christ in word and in deed.
Please pray for my friend J. who has moved from being hard in his opposition to the Gospel to coming to church (once so far) with me and appreciating prayer.
Pray as well for our Somali Christian friends who are scattered around the city and for divisions to be overcome.
Pray also for deliverance for our Somali Christian friends who struggle with mental illness and addictions, and for me to be an encouragement to them via phone and visits.
Please pray for the South African church here in Malta to have vision and passion to share the Gospel with migrants and Maltese.
Pray for the new leaders that have been raised up: that they would not be discouraged but instead be renewed in His Spirit and remain steadfast. May the Lord open a door for fruitful ministry.
Pray for Brazil, the cases of COVID-19 are increasing again where our members are working, therefore, we have started some restrictions again. Pray that our teams, along with volunteers, will continue to manage this situation with God’s guidance.
Pray for all of our refugee and immigrant friends that we are sharing our faith with. Pray that the Lord will put the right words on our lips that will touch their hearts and minds.
Pray that God will bless the Refugee Christmas outreaches that our teams are preparing in different cities.
Praise God for opportunities to encourage a believer back in the Horn. Please pray for this brother’s faith and provision as he is struggling to find a job to provide for his family. Praise God that he is sharing the Gospel with his wife. Pray for her salvation.
Praise God for the growing prayer group for Somalis here in Kentucky. Although we had to postpone a special Somali engagement training because of Covid restrictions we will still meet virtually for prayer and encouragement
Indoor socially-distanced activities have relaunched:
– Thanking God that we have relaunched indoor activities for Friends (women’s group) and the girls’ Homework Club (ages 11-18).
– Pray for God’s provision of attendees, for open hearts and health.
Christmas story presentation for Muslim women:
– Pray for friends using 6 weeks of English lessons to read portions from the Bible of the Christmas story.
– Pray for our next Zoom sewing session on the 14th Dec. We will share an Arabic/English presentation about the announcement of Jesus’ birth (Luke 1). Pray for open ears and hearts!
We have had to close Pamoja English classes till at least the beginning of January. We are switching back to online classes till things open up. Please pray for God- ordained conversations on our zoom meetings.
Please pray for our Sunday house church. S. from Somalia has not come the last couple of times. She is making excuses each time. Please pray that God will give her a hunger and thirst to come and hear from God’s Word. A. from Algeria has been coming regularly and is growing in his faith.
Praise God for some good conversations over the last week. Please pray that as restrictions in France ease that I can meet with the friends I’ve been having spiritual conversations with.
Pray especially for a new Moroccan friend I met a couple weeks before the recent lockdown. Pray that during this Christmas season I would be able to share the Gospel with her, and that God would give her a soft heart to really hear it.
Please join us in prayer for the Mommy & Toddler class launching on Saturday mornings. We ask God to send his Holy Spirit to guide this time and trust His work in the lives of our student’s children. Luke 18:16+17
We praise Jesus! I have been able to connect with a brother in Christ from DRC during the new evening men English conversation classes. Last Tuesday during class, God provided and I used Genesis 1:2 and Luke 1:35 to explain the deity of Christ and pray with N’s family, Please pray for our friend N’s family. Her brother was recently kidnapped and is being held for ransom in her home country. We pray for his safe release and this family to find their ransom already paid by the blood of Jesus. Gen.50:20 and 1 Peter 1:19