As the new Mahafaly churches work to disciple their “children churches,” they have chosen two leaders to study God’s Word more in-depth. These leaders will then teach the other leaders. In the last month, two other leaders have felt God’s call to take this next step. Praise God!
– the churches as they confirm and support these (possibly) four leaders.
– protection for the families of these leaders.
– wisdom for all the leaders as they disciple new believers in villages where they’ve planted churches.
– passion for all the churches to press out to the furthest reaches of the Mahafaly: the town of Ampanihy.
In the city of Toliara in Southwest Madagascar, evangelical churches work to reach their families, friends, and new areas around them with the Gospel. One church has a vision for planting 40 new churches around the city. Pray for:
– each believer in this church to catch God’s vision for His name going forth.
– each believer to be equipped to share the Gospel and the grand narrative of Scripture.
– wisdom and sustenance for the leaders of this church.
– fellowship and cooperation between all the evangelical churches in Toliara.
God has faithfully started many new churches among the Mahafaly. New leaders face temptation, persecution and suffering. Many of their families pressure them to return to the ways of the ancestors. The intense famine and drought the Mahafaly have experienced the last few years cause leaders to fear for their families and communities. Pray that leaders and new believers will stand strong in their new faith, empowered with His Spirit (Ephesians 1:15-23).
Praise the Lord there are now more than a dozen new churches among the Mahafaly! Please pray for the new churches:- that believers would grow in their faith and be established.
– Pray that they would share the gospel and plant new churches
– Pray for those suffering, as a result of drought
New groups of believers- pray that new believers would be committed to studying the word and meeting together. Pray that they will share the truth with friends and family.
The International Mission Board (IMB) reports that they are praying for rain so that they may have water to baptise the several new believers who have come to faith in the remote areas around the church plants south of Tulear.
We praise God that the International Mission Board (IMB) has seen three churches planted, and leaders equipped to plant other churches, south of Tulear, Madagascar.
IMB reports that they are praying for rain so that they may have water to baptise the several new believers who have come to faith in the remote areas around the church plants south of Tulear.
The IMB has seen 3 church planted, and leaders equipped to plant others, south of Tulear.
The IMB has seen 4 Mahafaly churches planted in villages south of Tulear, southwestern Madagascar. Please pray for the continued development of those groups of believers and that they may be encouraged to multiply their fellowships.
During a survey to Analaiva, we learned that a significant number of Mahafaly migrant workers are permanently settled around the SUCOMA sugar cane plantation. There is potential to work through a local Biblical Baptist church to reach this group. While there are no Mahafaly believers in the church, the pastor is part Mahafaly and has a heart to reach this people group.